Remember this?
So lovely and promising.
Well, chipmunks happened.
So frustrating and sad.
But then this happened.
Can you say chipmunk proof?
And now this.
We can only hope.
Those poor robin parents have worked so hard.
I'll keep you posted.
I see crows and other large birds hunting for nests, too. You can tell when they get close because the parents go nuts. I am hoping for the best here... thanks for the update, wish it were more positive. Let's hope for the last one...
ReplyDeleteOh. Oh.
ReplyDeleteWhat I'd do for even one small piece of that perfect-blue shell. (Unmolested by rodents, of course.)
A few years back there were a pair of Stellar's jays fledgling in my apple tree, and their blue feathers against all that green about made me weep for the pure beauty of it. They learned to fly in those trees.
I sigh, remembering.
Oh, poor robins. I have seen many around our home and I get so tickled when I see they make a nest under a patio or roof line. Boo on the chipmunks....I have seen so many this spring here.
ReplyDeleteHi Mel...Thanks for joining Beauty in The Ordinary. Nice to have you on board...and as for the poor robin eggs (beautifully photographed btw!)...Mother Nature is tough!
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed. Bird parents are always nervous.
ReplyDeleteMy neighbors have starlings nesting under their upstairs window. I hear the babies making a racket every time a parent arrives with a morsel.
Oh, the tenacity of birds!
ReplyDeleteAnd that blue. We think we create art, yet look what that blue does to us.