It was cold as heck, sunny, 9 degrees, slight breeze, and by the time we were done, I'd taken pictures of anything and everything there was to photograph and filled the bird/squirrel feeders, and I couldn't feel my fingers. But I could feel my spirit coming back to life, and I left my worries and troubles behind for a little bit.
Here's what I saw:
The trees Husband and I cut and stacked Thanksgiving day. Next year's bonfires waiting.
A golf cage shredded by the wind. We should really take that down for the winter.
And the hammock too. And the volleyball net. Winter kind of snuck up on me.
But the dog didn't care. There were bunny tracks and deer poop to find.
He frolicked.
He ran in circles and made me laugh.
I saw more hearts in the snow too, this one the best.
I saw the sun and lightened up my day.
You want to see what fun looks like? And to hear the crunchy snow?
Here you go:
Then for some real fun, my daughter and I went to see Les Miserables. It was wonderful.
I'm so grateful to share things like that with my teenager, I don't expect many fifteen year olds like musicals as much as my girl. I'm so proud. We're both still singing those songs.
So thanks Mary, for getting me off my butt and out into the world.
I could just have easily spent the morning inside in my pj's wishing for something different.
Hope your head cold is short lived and your sunshine abundant soon.
xo
9 degrees, just got a brain freeze reading that.
ReplyDeleteI love this post. And now love you even more because I am ridiculously infatuated with Les Mis right now. I listened to the soundtrack for my entire vacation and am reading the book which is a very hard, old school read. But i am committed!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking us on your walk.
Oh, that was fun! Watching the dog play in the cold and snow was very refreshing. I just loved Les Mis, too. I keep wondering why so many people didn't like it! :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks perfect!! Thanks for a post. I need to do the same!
ReplyDeleteEveryone seems to love that movie. Maybe I should see it. I am so glad you got outside. It really changes everything, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteLovely way to start the year!
ReplyDeleteYour funny dog just like Felix. Felix goes crazy in the snow, bites it, jumps on it, slides around on it. He's a joy machine.
ReplyDelete