Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Today

I spent my weekend in Louisville Kentucky for the Junior Volleyball Association World Challenge.
650 teams from the US and Canada, 80 courts under one roof. Kinda surreal, and lots of fun.





Our girls represented, finishing in the top third of their group.
A great time was had by all.

Louisville was gorgeous, weeks ahead of us in bloom time, so there were redbuds and bradford pears in bloom and so much green! Sadly we didn't see much of it inside the State Fair Expo Center.

I came home to some lovely surprises in my own little yard.
Camera never does the color or beauty justice, but every year I try.





Yesterday's tragic events in Boston just will not process in my fatigued, head cold riddled brain.
All I can think is that the people in this world just keep breaking our hearts. 

I find what solace I can in the small miracles of the world, 
and in keeping love in my heart, in the face of hate.
T. said it perfectly.


xo


7 comments:

  1. You were in Kentucky! About half my family is from Louisville ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to keep looking towards the good and positive. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping love in my heart instead of hate. You said it very well yourself, and your beautiful flowers make me smile. I am hopeful for the future of humanity because we are responding to this event with acts of kindness toward others. Congratulations to the volleyball players for their win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your daughter and her team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beauty and sweetness.
    Happy Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great reminder that flowers will bloom again. Life goes on. One day at a time.

    I still do not have a good grasp on the fundamentals of volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so surprising to see flowers in your post! I have you in an eternal land of snow and ice. But even you enjoy the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....