Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Long time no bloggy...


Sorry, I'm here, reading when I can, but still riding the roller coaster of volleyball with my daughter.
In six weeks, we've been to tournaments in Milwaukee, Chicago, Cincinnati, Des Moines, Hermosa and back to Milwaukee for the Nationals.

It's been a blur of pack, travel and unpack.

Here's some pictures:

The girls take First for the fourth time this season!

Post game session with the Zen Master.


Then off to Hermosa Beach for the USA Volleyball High Performance tournament:

Hermosa Pier

Hermosa Sand

Phil Dalhausser, Olympic and FIVB Gold Medalist

Stafford Slick, super tall and super nice FIVB player, and the volleyball moms.

Sunset rooftop wine tasting with my favorite tall guy.


The sun broke through the clouds for the sunset as if on cue.

Muscle Beach, Venice

Coach Taye and the girls at tournament's end

Brooke, Coach Iwona and Em, first place Athens Bracket.

This weekend, the Nationals in Milwaukee, for the coldest end of July since 1984:





Em and Nina finished fifth out of 48 teams, beat by the first place finishers from Texas.
It's our lot in life to live in the Midwest and play a southern sport!


We have one more tournament in Chicago this weekend, and then it's time to brush off the sand until next season.

When the sand dust settles, I'll be back more often.

xo


7 comments:

  1. Busy, busy! And what great looking girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such a cool thing to be doing, Mel. I'm glad everything is going so well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your girl and her team! Such a wonderful way to spend the summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to shake the sand dust off myself! So good to hear from you, and hopefully we can both get back into the blogging groove soon.

    You look great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tall guy is pretty damn tall!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....