Wednesday, February 26, 2014

California Dreaming

I'm trying to acclimate to the latest polar vortex here, but after 4 days in southern California for a volleyball tournament, it's not going well. At least I got that change of scenery I was wanting.

This was my first trip to the San Diego area, and even the view out the airport door was lovely.


Sunsets were lovely.
Shopping was great - too great!


Can you tell she's happy? 



Me too.



This is the only picture I got of us together, I'm filming in the background.


Dolphins!


Two Midwest girls - tired, dirty and happy in the California Sand.

Silver Bracket first and second place. It was a fun match to watch.
We had such a great trip and the girls played some great volleyball.
We hope to get back soon.
Until then, we'll be dreaming of the California sunshine and barefoot toes in the sand.

xo


ps I couldn't be farther behind on my blog reading, hope to catch up this weekend :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. That even makes me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got away! Sometimes a change of scenery is just what we need to get out of the winter doldrums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if it was only temporary, that bit of sun had to do you good. Looks like there was fun for all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that beach and the sand and surf just make me want to be there! Gorgeous shots. Spring is coming but is sure taking its time, it seems to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed our beautiful part of the world! It looks like you and the girls had a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you go to the sunset cliffs park to take that sunset shot?! OMG I loved it there! I wish we'd had more time to explore while we were there. Thanks for posting the great pics of sand and sun and surf! It's a welcome sight to my snow blind eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a good trip!!! Hope there were no sunburns!!!
    The snow will go away, though - there are birds, and last night, someone made a skunk mad...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....