Friday, February 12, 2016

enjoy every sandwich

I really miss Warren Zevon.



And David Letterman. He is such a gracious host.  

My kids got me an app for my phone called Soundhound. I kept asking what song I was hearing and they said there's an app for that and they hooked me up. Who knew?

When I hear something I like and want to know who it is, soundhound tells me and lets me mark favorites so I can find them later, like today.

Today. So cold and windy and harsh a day, but sunny, and I've found the spot on the couch where a cat would sit, and I start going through my soundhound favorites lists.


Dawes. Have you heard of them? I love them. This is the song I heard and had to find:




It is really a great song, especially the bit at the end with the kids. The perfect accompaniment to an afternoon alone, a wistful mood, a patch of sun and a glass of wine.

But then, the next song that autoplays on youtube is this one...

Zevon, Letterman and Dawes. Desperado Under the Eaves -  my favorite Warren song. 
I believe synergy is the word. Or Serendipity.

My afternoon is perfect now. Except I need a kleenex. :)




Enjoy every sandwich, and song, my friends. 

Thanks, youtube. And Warren. And Dave. And Dawes.

xo



6 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on all your recent posts! I'm the laziest blogger ever!
    The Flint post is heartbreaking.
    The wine and music stuff? Love it! I've turned into a red wine lover in a major way this year. Natural progression.
    The dog? I just want to squeeze his fuzzy widdle face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spring day here today and I'm stuck inside working my day at the antique store. I just got an iPhone for the first time and joined instagram. does that mean I'm younger now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel,
    I don't get it?! I somehow have missed all four of the last post's?! I'll try to fix this problem right away because I thought you just weren't posting lately. But look at this basket of great one's!
    Thank you for turning me on to these wonderful artists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stay together ))) wonderful words. It feels so close and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to say my knowledge of pop music ends with the Sixties when I discovered audio books. I vaguely remember MTV in the Eighties when my kids watched it -- Dire Straits and Paul Simon come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, old friend. Long time no see, aside from Facebook :) Glad you're still here.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....