Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday Sunset

I've been taking too many pictures of the sunset for four years now. I could tell you about when it started, but that's another story.

This week I snapped 150 digital shots of one sunset, and I realize I probably need a support group as desperately as I need a new digital camera. But.

In my photo taking frenzy, I captured these moments to share.



What's important to know at this point, is I hadn't seen the sun for days.
Days.
Maybe weeks, I can't remember.
My bitching about the weather is legendary, just like the weather here.
October rained 22 days, maybe more. Lost count.
Less than 34% of the available sunshine shone.
On the 30th,
I saw sun through the window and ran outside.
Saw the clouds and thought, this is gonna be good.
Ran for the camera.
It was very, very good.






All this, plus a few honking geese and a screeching hawk.
No wonder I was mesmerized.


6 comments:

  1. Red sky at night...sailor's delight.
    I was looking at my own sunset tonight, thinking that I'd like to take pictures of it, realizing that all my sunset pictures here look the same. But you know what? Each one is so beautiful. I am glad you got that one. I am glad the sun came out to say good-night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!! how beautiful!! and i love the leaf pictures in your earlier post....here in the NorthEast we didn't have the vibrant colors we usually get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that too! Snap an incredible number of photos for that one perfect shot. Thank goodness for digital. I can lose my mind over, say, one purple zinnia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for stopping by with kind words and encouragement. It seems I do have a support group after all. Any camera recomendations? I miss the depth of the old film and lenses Cannon.....
    My eyese are saturated with color and beauty this time of year, as winter is pretty bleak in Illinois. I need lots of hoarded memories to get me through, and to back up my faulty brain. Who could imagine such colors, let alone remember them?
    Anyway, thanks so much for stopping in, and I'm looking forward to seeing through your eyes what you post next. Stay well and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....