Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh, October

There's something about October.
Maybe it's the changing scenery, the looming seasons, the fleeting daylight,
I don't know, but October always seems to be a busy time around here.

The last 10 days have been a blur of activity.

Last weekend:

Homecoming Parade:
 

Followed by the Homecoming Dance:

 aren't they adorable?
and isn't it remarkable that our 15 year old daughter in flats,
stands so tall next to her 6'6" daddy?


Watched two days of volleyball tournaments, our farthest away,
2nd place finish!



Then this weekend,

Son came home,  his girlfriend too.
Aren't they something?
I miss having him around.



 Took 2 hour long walks, one with the furry child and the husband,


the other by myself, and I did this hill twice because I could.


I saw some amazing skies, my favorite this double sun dog sunset with plane trails,


So to recap, lately,

I drove over 400 miles in the name of volleyball,
went to a parade and many sporting events,
learned MS Publisher to make a program for senior night,
went out for Thai food with my girlfriends,
took about 250 pictures,
made giant batches of crab soup and chili,
watched movies with my kids,
had some cocktails with my husband,
enjoyed the lovely fall weather,
ate my first caramel apple,
put out some Halloween decorations, 
went back to therapy for more needling, thanks to a nasty flare up of neck joint pain,
did so many loads of laundry I lost count,
got my house as cleaned as I get it,
had a couple of existential hormonal meltdowns, but I got over them,
oh, and,
 started up a company with my husband.

Tonight I have to make pasta for 25 for the volleyball team.

Lots going on in my little world.

So far, so good.




I'll check in when I can.

6 comments:

  1. The road of life, you describe it well. Up, down, in, out, a hairpin turn and then plateau for a while. And do it all again tomorrow. It's inspiring to see how hard you work to try to figure it out and I'm rooting for you and clapping when you "get one".

    Must say though that I stumbled a bit with those two words "crab soup", didn't know there was such a glorious thing. Sounds like it could solve everything if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait. girlfriend? what a very attractive duo.
    wait. started up a company with your husband? tell us more!
    wait. you've slipped a lot of stuff in here, dear mel. you are definitely busy and out living your very cool life. sweet!
    love seeing pics of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's a pretty awesome list, especially the crab soup, and the new company. I hope you'll tell us more about both of those things. Yes, I agree with Angella, you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear- your husband and mine must be related. Not only is he so tall like my husband, but the daughters you and I made with our respective (must be related) husbands look quite a bit like each other and are beautiful.
    So yes- like Angella- I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! That is some list. Not to mention some beautiful pictures, too. I loved this post, and I suspect I'll hear from you again when you get a break in the action. I love fall! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief -- it's in the air. I just came from another blogger's post -- her life is in similar turmoil. And I just got past a hectic week but fall in the NC mountains is always like that. Stay strong, Mel!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....