Sunday, June 1, 2014

More pictures from lately






















Summer came fast too.

Not many words lately. I keep thinking about the word fleeting, because time is flying. How did the yogurt I kept meaning to eat get to be best by February, and here it is June today, how does that happen?

I keep hearing that line from Always when Dorinda says "These things are fragile!!" I love that movie, Holly Hunter is perfect in it. It's about love and fire fighting and Steven Speilberg directed it and if you haven't seen it, you should. Chick flick of the highest order, but wonderful. And things are fragile, Dorinda is right.

I'm feeling a little tongue tangled and lucky and raw, wabi sabi happy sad and who knows why. Maybe this is what old women do. I got my mammogram and bone density scan yesterday, and the lovely nurse and I commiserated about the indignities of being an aging woman with bodies that are slowly betraying or disappointing us. I suggested she make older friends, as they can be very supportive and inspiring.

I'm sticking my nose in the flowers and trying to remember how they smell for when they are gone. Being grateful when my back and knees let me do what I want, and trying not to be too pissed when they don't.

Can't control or figure out or understand anything, so I'm tending to my gardens big and small, pulling the weeds where I'm standing, trying to keep calm and carry on. :)

Hope all's well with you.

xo

13 comments:

  1. Perfect! Yes! All of it and I am so glad that spring did finally come your way to blend into the summer you could not have imagined when you bought that yogurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear from you :) I am in quiet mode too, but I need to update soon. These times are FLYING. And so fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to think in terms of age, but desire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are practically edible, they are so beautiful ! And I love the way you bookended your mister and sweet doggie in the middle there. They are probably particularly sweet in the Summer.

    The beauty of this time of year is enough to make anyone quiet. I hope you have little pain and much joy in your life right now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are over the top amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some gorgeous flowers, esp. the columbine. And I'm happy that you've got a pollinator in there. Maybe you want to join this: http://www.inaturalist.org/ and post your pollinator pictures there. PHOTOS WITH A PURPOSE. I'm for that, in a way. But I guess photos just because are even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a contrast to your also stunning winter photos! Thank you for Always. I never saw it but it sounds as if I might like it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are incredible. Some closeups look like aliens instead of flowers, to me at least. Back and knees? My situation exactly. Good post, I enjoyed being along with you, since we are in very similar environments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pictures -- I find that spending time looking at Nature makes me forget some of the indignities and inconveniences of aging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful images!! My favourite is that miniature landscape in the first photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss my old garden! I went over there yesterday to water (the house closes on the 13th) and the hummingbird came very close to me as I held the hose. She was just checking me out, wondering where I've been.

    Your photos are beautiful, and so right, so fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get older friends because then you are always the young one! That's my motto!
    Dirt and flowers are good for the mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....