They are all gone now, these leaves, maybe a week ago. I didn't take as many pictures this fall, though I still took too many. And I don't have enough hours to look back at the ones I've taken the last several years, but I'd guess they'd be pretty much the same. I didn't press any this year either. I'm learning to keep things in my memory, or my hard drive, but not in my house. It's a slow process.
Anyhow, leaf portraits. I think some of them have personalities. Anthropomorphism, right?
This one has a teeny tiny heart in it.
I'll keep taking these until I forget how.
I can still smell the leaves, hear the crunch and feel the sun and the wind on my face.
I'm glad I remembered to walk slowly in the woods, to take my time and look and zoom in.
It feels good to pay attention, and it's as close as I'll ever get to living in the moment.
xo
Your leaves are beautiful, a walking meditation. Thanks for sharing them. xo
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful leaf portraits. And I agree that some of them have personality! :-)
ReplyDeleteThey are like snowflakes in that each and every one is unique.
ReplyDeleteSo many colours!! And I love the sunshine!! We are getting snow today!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful in their decay. and that last one with the ray of light pointing to the tiny heart shaped hole.
ReplyDeleteI've loved this stroll through beautiful leaves. We don't get many here in Los Angeles, so thank you!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a wonderful holiday season and that 2015 is all you dream for you and your beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteThese are exquisite! I love the pinks and greens!
ReplyDelete