A quick catchup. Winter was cold and long and tiresome. Life marched on. I drank a lot of wine, certainly too much wine, and made lots of soup and dog biscuits and spent quality time with my family. I turtled mostly. I gained some weight, so I purged my closets of all the things that don't fit.
My husband and I turned 55, and to my utter amazement, our baby girl turned 18. We celebrated at a volleyball court, of course!
Travel. Lots and lots of travel. I flew to Delaware with my son to visit family and then Florida with my daughter for a volleyball tournament. I put my daughter on airplanes to California, Florida twice, and Texas for volleyball tournaments. My husband traveled all over for business and he and our son went to Augusta, Georgia for the Masters - a bucket list dream trip for both of them. I bought tickets for my mother and sister to come out for my daughter's graduation. I have three more trips pending this spring all over for volleyball and three more trips to plan after that. That last one will be a doozy, taking daughter to school so far away. I'm going to miss her tremendously.
It has been, and will continue to be a time of comings and goings.
I watched and listened in amazement as Spring happened right before my eyes, the same as every year.
I bought a new camera which I am barely beginning to learn how to use.
I cleaned my windows and am reveling in morning and afternoon sunshine.
I read all your blogs, wrote dozens of comments I never sent, and thought of you all often.
I read a book again, finally and a good one too. Thank you Elizabeth for A Constellation of Vital Phenomena. It was a revelation.
I'm still here, glad you are too.
Now, for the pretties. Look who's back again this year:
Don't the colors just burn your eyes? It's almost too much.
I'm paying attention as hard as I can and holding on tight.
Hope you are too.
xo
Such beautiful photos. Sounds like the travels were good. A milestone year.
ReplyDeleteA post is better than no post at all. Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteBelated,
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ░H░A░P░P░Y░
♫•*¨*•.¸¸♫♪░B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♫♪
What a joy it is to see you here and to catch up. The photos are amazing, and yes, I agree. Sometimes the glory of flowers -- the fact that they're REAL and NATURAL -- is too much. I'm glad that you loved that book. I did too.
ReplyDeleteI've missed you! What a full life you have, it's really lovely to hear about it. The camera doesn't seem to be posing you any problems because your pictures are just as wonder-filled as usual. It's like you bring champagne and cake to the party every time. Looking forward to more of Mel.
ReplyDeleteHello, dear woman! So glad to hear that you survived the winter.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the beautiful blossoms.
I love seeing spring as it moves northward.
ReplyDeleteI just went to the library and put a hold on that book. I am number 3 in line. Thank you! :-)
ReplyDeleteYes -- holding on tight and storing up all that impossibly exquisite color and light! Happy spring to you, Mel.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to be back here with you Mel, in the extravagant beauty of your world. What a momentous summer ahead of you, taking your girl to college. Your heart will sing and weep and cheer. You've done good , Mama. A brilliant new chapter begins. Sending love.
ReplyDelete