Until then, I'll keep snapping pictures of whatever catches my eye or my imagination, which is just about everything I see. I'm gobsmacked by the patterns and colors and fleeting muchness of the world up close. The white trilliums fading to pink, the ferns unfurled, tiny weed blossoms smaller than a lentil, native viburnums budding out, perennials pregnant with blossoms, redbud hearts in the sky, an iris kaleidoscope - these are a few of the images I caught this May.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
May Photo OCD
I have reached a milestone with my Canon Powershot - ten thousand photos in just over three years. The picture numbers start back over at 001. Who knew? It threw me for a loop, thinking I had lost some shots in the transfer, until I realized the numbers started over. If I've learned anything about photography, it's that you have to take a lot of pictures to get the right one, especially when trying to capture the intricate, delicate beauty of nature. I'll be posting mayapple blossoms as soon as I edit my two dozen pictures down to the best, which is so hard when they are all so lovely. I'm ready to retire this pocket camera for something with easier macro focus and a bigger screen so I can see what I'm doing. If you have a camera suggestion for me, I'd love to hear it.
Until then, I'll keep snapping pictures of whatever catches my eye or my imagination, which is just about everything I see. I'm gobsmacked by the patterns and colors and fleeting muchness of the world up close. The white trilliums fading to pink, the ferns unfurled, tiny weed blossoms smaller than a lentil, native viburnums budding out, perennials pregnant with blossoms, redbud hearts in the sky, an iris kaleidoscope - these are a few of the images I caught this May.









Until then, I'll keep snapping pictures of whatever catches my eye or my imagination, which is just about everything I see. I'm gobsmacked by the patterns and colors and fleeting muchness of the world up close. The white trilliums fading to pink, the ferns unfurled, tiny weed blossoms smaller than a lentil, native viburnums budding out, perennials pregnant with blossoms, redbud hearts in the sky, an iris kaleidoscope - these are a few of the images I caught this May.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is lovely that the photo of the redbud leaves from the tree I planted for Dad are next to the photo of his hand on this post. Happy accident.
ReplyDeleteWow. You do this with a pocket camera. I'm very impressed - with you and with the camera.
ReplyDeleteThey are, each and every one a harbinger of Spring, beauty, the sense of renewal that we all need at this time of the year. But your photos bring a sense of intimacy that makes the blessing of growing these beauties something to truly be grateful for. Thank you Mel, always a nice time to come here.
ReplyDeleteOh, these are lovely! Every one of them! That fern! The vibernum - or is it a lace-cap hydrangea? ... all of them are gorgeous. This month is so full of wonders -- something new everywhere you look!
ReplyDeleteOh girl. Your magic eye is far better than mine. You have inspired me with this beauty!
ReplyDeleteeach is like its own magic kingdom
ReplyDeletebeautiful!
The depth of field you captured is beautiful! A post full of spring blooms at their finest peak!
ReplyDeleteAnd your comment today ~ made me laugh so hard I cried! Seriously, love it! And you could totally rock the name Clarissa!
I love the one of the hydrangea with just the outer flowers bloomed. And the curly fern.
ReplyDeletegood for you on 10000 pics in 3 years. YOu're right, you have to take a lot to get a little perfection
I'm popping over from Jane's blog post this morning. Stunning photography. You really inspire me to grab MY Canon and go walk in the woods (or anywhere else) to be inspired. I'm sure I'll stop by regularly.
ReplyDelete