Friday, May 14, 2010

Nothing's Bugging Me

After 4 straight days of soul sucking wind and rain, the sun has returned. Still windy, but I'm not complaining. Here's some bugs I saw while I was puttering around the yard, planting flowers and pulling weeds. I almost missed the ones on the hydrangeas, they are well hidden. I saw at least 5 of the butterflies, and am really happy about the butterfly garden I'm working on. It's not much of a design, more of a messy mish mash, but it will bring the butterflies and hummingbirds, so I'm OK with messy. The goldfinches and house finches are singing up a storm too. Life is good today. Happy Friday!






7 comments:

  1. wow...nice photos. Glad life is good today....have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you took the time to post these little creatures. And they are a great reminder that happiness comes in small packages of time. We might as well be grateful for what ever we get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get the picture of the butterfly? They never sit still long enough for me to get a good shot. You must be the bug whisperer.
    You have inspired me again. Tomorrow I will go out with my camera looking for bugs. And believe me- there are plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Aren't we so happy to have some nice weather. Up here a bit north of you we will be in the 70's. All next week will be warm & dry. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a hummingbird butterfly garden. Plan to tackle the backyard tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most people cringe and think bugs are creepy. I don't really mind most them at all (ticks and fleas and big ugly tomato worms are a few of the exceptions.) They are a wonderful reminder of how nature is connected together. After all, if the bugs were gone, how much longer would the rest of us really have? Thanks for sharing some of your garden's micro, macro delights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterfly photo is magnificent.

    You are loved. Have a great weekend, Mel.

    SB

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....