Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time Flies..

When you're having fun, and even when you're not. We've had some fun, but mostly we've been busy. On the go. The July calendar has 5 genuine, free, do-nothing days.

Seriously, if I had a do-nothing day, I'm sure I'd guilt myself into doing something with it. I don't do nothing very well. I don't do much of anything really well either, but I'm better at doing something than doing nothing. Over-achiever guilt issues suck. But I have teenagers who play sports, so I don't have to worry about how I would handle my down time.

My summer is slipping through my fingers like a handful of sand.

Like this sunset, that was gone within 5 minutes of my seeing it...

But I saw it, and I guess that's what counts.

Going,

Going,

Gone.

7 comments:

  1. It is flying by. I feel like I'm not getting the chance to revel in it.

    We need us some revelry.

    That's one beauteous sunset

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you did not miss that sunset. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beauty of a do nothing day is that you do absolutely nothing. It can take considerable discipline but I'm here to tell you it can be done.

    These days they are so rare that I really have no trouble achieving peak "do nothing" performance when given half a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such is life in many ways. Full of opportunities that, if we wait too long, are gone. Here's to living every day to the fullest and watching for the sunsets before we miss the splendor of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sunset photos, Mel. They are gorgeous. And yes, summer is nearly over, and my fat ass didn't even swim once.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics! I agree with the above commenter, that achieving peak "do nothing-ability" really takes some discipline. We have been working on this skill quiet a bit recently. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am successfully slothing it up today-tv, interneting, resting, so perfect post for me to read! awesome sunset pics.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....