Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Colors For Deb Stone

For Deb, my nerd friend, my art friend, my lives in Hell-A and doesn't get fall friend, I thought of you when I snapped these. Crunch, crunch. It's the balmiest, sunniest fall I can ever remember. 80 in October? I'll take it.

The Burning Bush in on fire.

Orange and Magenta, hmmmm.

Lined up like the orange to yellow Crayolas. Sumac, I think.





This little guy is called fothergilla, for the bottle brush blossoms. It's too tender for Illinois and is the last of my three left alive.

Hickory trees never fail to golden up the yard.



This is just for fun. Something in the garden from a greens seed mix. Swiss Chard, maybe?


The last butterfly this year, a boy.
See the black dot on the bottom wings?


Happy Fall. The leaves are coming down fast, it's been so dry. But I'm not complaining. I'm storing up memories of all this to see me through.

6 comments:

  1. Deb is gonna love these! Beautiful pics! We are having a slow, warm fall here too. Loads of colour and texture, and the sky full of honkers. They woke me up this morning. We are on a migratory path, and you wouldn't believe the geese on the two little manmade lakes that our neighbourhood was built around. A veritable wall o' geese! So yes, a lovely fall indeed, and the way your camera captures it makes it even lovelier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHOOOOO! Just yesterday I said to myself, "Hmm it's too early for Mel's ice storm desktop. I need something autumny." Think and you shall receive!! This is as it should be. I immediately put all these in Artwork\Friends\Mel folder and now I can run an awesome slideshow AND I have a new desktop. I'll put picha on your ning profile page! "lined up like the orange to yellow crayolas." YES. THANK YOU!!! The chard makes a gorgeous abstract. And off with the last boyo. sigh xoxoxoxoxoxo deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, buddy. Happy Fall! We are pretty colorful here in Ohio, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful pictures for fall. The burning bush is often neglected in the garden, but then for several weeks...splendour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah gorgeous, i've got to get out there myself for a walk. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor fall-less deb! for sure the next best thing! lucky for all of us <3

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....