What to do, indeed.
Well today, the sunlight sparkled in rime frost and I said what the heck. Boots on bare feet, coat over jammies, camera in hand, doggy at the door. It was good, except for the snot part, but I managed to enjoy it for the brilliant crisp morning it was, and laugh a bit at silly Mr. Tucker.
Cold, though. I have a clock that beams the time and temperature on my ceiling, because I need to know these things. At 4 am it was 13 degrees F. At 9 am it was 19. I suppose it's 21 or 22 by now. Which can feel remarkably tolerable after a colder snap, if there is no wind. Especially if there is sun.
Enchanting rime frost, like fairy dust. I never catch the magic on film. Still, I try.



Then there's this. Christmas Eve errands with the family, gentle snow falling. Daughter says mom, look up. The moon roof was mesmerizing with water droplets from melted snow. Of course I had my camera.


Cool, huh? Random and yet not quite.
This is the patio one snowfall ago. Wish we had put away the chairs and covered the umbrella. But we're lazy like that. The hammock and volleyball net are up still too. Oh well.
Then there's this. Christmas Eve errands with the family, gentle snow falling. Daughter says mom, look up. The moon roof was mesmerizing with water droplets from melted snow. Of course I had my camera.
Major design flaw with this house. I amuse myself this winter looking at portico designs and fantasizing about a small, tasteful addition to provide shade and shelter for Tucker as he guards the home. And protect visitors from impalings or soaking rains. Maybe someday.
This poor red tail has been hunting my back yard for a few weeks now. I quit filling the feeders after I watched him make a kill under them. Didn't want to set traps for the little birdies. Besides, my neighbors keep theirs filled so the little ones won't go hungry. Wish someone would make a raptor feeder. I'd gladly hang some meat out for them. Tough life for these grand birds, forced to hunt in backyards for food.
I leave you with my Christmas Craft, the wine cork wreath. Easy to make if you have a drill and lots of corks laying around, check and double check. I made some tree ornaments out of champagne corks, but gave them away. Cute, though, with bells and bows.
Wishing you good books, warm fires, warm hearts, happy dogs or cats or kids, good times and sunshine, eventually. Hope you find something magical or wonderful or funny in the world around you. I believe all you have to do is look sometimes, and maybe do the unexpected once in a while.
Yes, yes, yes! Thank-you! And you do capture the magic on film. Maybe not as magically as you can see it with your own eyes, but it is there. Love the water droplets. Love the hawk.
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful- all of it. I hope your cold folds its tent soon and slips away...
What a wonderful, snowy and cold Christmas you had. But it's so warm and cozy inside, and your lovely hawk picture just made my day.
ReplyDeleteThe water droplet photos are amazing. And so nice that your daughter was very observant.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better soon.
Wishing you all the best in 2011.
I do hope you are feeling better. I'll take your wishes and try to make them come true. And send them back to you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty, cozy place to be so sick in. And look at that great reading matter. WooHOO. Everything sooo pretty, and I saw the snowflakes on the last batch. Stole 'em for the Mel folder. Tucker is so cute. He kills me. Thanks for the pichas. Lord, I hope you feel better soon. deb
ReplyDeleteLove the cork wreath! I'm embarrassed to admit I have an inordinate amount of wine corks. Now I know what to do with them. Hmmmm, recycled crafts as Christmas gifts for next year? ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think they do make a raptor feeder, and I think it's my free-range chicken flock. :p Our hawks don't go hungry up here. Beautiful images, and love the cork wreath.
ReplyDeletebelatedly reading this. i too had holiday flu-gah, but it sounds like your troopered it through! awesome pics as usual =D sunroof water drops, such an unusual take!
ReplyDelete