I snapped pics around the yard, then sure I was missing better magic, packed the yeti in the car and drove around my neighborhood and to the park. Looky what I saw. It only got better as the sky got bluer.
The snow had a light crunch to every step. There were deer and rabbit tracks and Mr. Tucker had the best morning ever. Me too. It was really hard to take it all in. As I drove home, I saw a few neighbors standing in their yards with cameras, so I wasn't the only one mesmerized.
I woke my Rip Van Winkle 16 year old son and made him look out the window. He sat for a while and asked why everything was so white. Mom/nerd/weather geek told him a warm mass of moist air collided with cooler trees and crystals formed gently on every surface. What I should have said was Magic, my son, pure Magic.
Around noon, when the sun had warmed enough, the crystals on the trees fell softly and silently to the ground, sparkling glints of sunlight on their way down. I watched, and soaked it in so I could remember for ever and always.
Unbelievable.
ReplyDeleteOutstanding photos!! I went out in the morning when it was still cloudy and wasn't able to capture much on camera...but did manage to go out to shovel when the sun finally made an appearance, and was showered by the snow falling off the trees like diamonds....it was magical. Beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Fantastic photos! The yeti. : 0
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wish I lived where that "magic" happens. Thank you for sharing the photos!
ReplyDeleteOh oh oh oh oh oh oh. Are you KIDDING ME!? This is unbelievable. So adding to the winter slideshow! Thanks Meli!!!
ReplyDeletebreathtaking! thank you so much for capturing these sights that can be shared. When i was scrolling down, at first I thought there was an edge of a snowflake -- but it's a tree! gasped out loud. Pure. Magical. No trick, just beauty.
ReplyDeletei adore the nerdy explanation of the frost and thank you for your blog visit and lovely comment
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! Great captures!
ReplyDeleteThe first three captures are simply magical! Lovely.
ReplyDeletePure Magic is right. I really enjoyed your photos. You have a gift for photography.
ReplyDeleteI love you. Happy New Year!
SB
What gorgeous photos and your writing was beautiful and peaceful. A joy to visit here.
ReplyDeleteWow, these are beautiful shots. You also have such wonderful country for walks! Funny about the sixteen year old. Yes, magic indeed.
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI'm here from Ms Moon, Mel. What an amazing scene you paint in words and photos
ReplyDeleteMy world is so different - hot hot hot today. Snow would melt in a trice.
It's lovely to meet you.
magic magic magic!!!! yays
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely wonderful!! The teasel is my favourite, although it is not very far ahead of the landscapes! I love the waterdrops on the moonroof in the next post, too!!
ReplyDelete