Wednesday, December 1, 2010

This is Why I Don't Bother

I don't hang Christmas lights outside. What's the point when this is a mile down the road? It's the best show in town, with music broadcasted right to the radio. Thank goodness it's blocked from my view by the hill or I wouldn't sleep for a month.

I'll keep my candles in the windows and go watch this instead. By the way, I think my whole house can fit in his garage. Landscape contractors have better houses than doctors and lawyers around here. Who knew?

Anyway, it's lovely, enjoy. There's more videos on youtube if you want to continue to be mesmerized. And feel inadequate about your own decorations.

10 comments:

  1. When I watched this, I was imagining our cave-forbearers, sitting around a fire, watching the flames dance, and singing.
    We've come a long way. Not sure if that's good or bad, but we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crow. I am halfway between appreciation and indignation on behalf of the environment...although I suppose with LED lights it wouldn't be too horrendous. The boys would LOVE this (the lights, not the music). And yes, lucky you for the hill separating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You realize the whole effect would be spoiled if someone inside turned on a light? Do they live in the dark for a month?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when people (other people, way, way down the road and around the block people) take the time, energy and exspense to do this. What a show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. This is either the most fabulous display I've ever seen, or the most blatant display of excess ever! I do marvel at the logistical nightmare it must be to coordinate everything. The music definitely made me smile through the whole thing. And I'm with Judy, how do they get by without inside lights being seen at night? Are all the windows covered with boards?! I think I'll be stealing this to put on my blog! Of course, you will get all the credit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Thank goodness our house can't be seen from the public road -- actually, it can hardly be seen even from our driveway. I save the lights for inside

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the clip--I enjoyed it! And thanks for the comment on my blog last week. I can relate to your comments very much. Same way with my bio family. I am so, so much looking forward to having a week off between C-mas and new Years and staying home relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I'm seizing! Where was I while all this posting was going on? These people are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....