Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day

We got over 10 inches of snow yesterday. School was cancelled, and our school almost never cancels due to weather. Volleyball practice was not cancelled, and I'm glad my husband was home to drive, because driving in this weather stresses me out. Nothing stresses my husband out, he's the yin to my yang. No wonder I keep him.

I'm not going to complain one bit about the snow- I have to admit, it's lovely. I took way too many pictures stomping around in the yard with the dog. And since my husband was home, I didn't have to use the snow blower to clear the driveway - not my favorite job. Instead, I made chicken soup, and peppermint bark with my daughter and I finally took down the tree, in hopes that putting away the snowflakes inside will help ensure an end to the snowfall outside. We shall see.

Here's some scenes from our snow day and night. Tucker had a wonderful time and probably ate his weight in snow.







Is it any wonder I spoil this dog? Look at those eyes!

Until next year, my pretty snowflakes.....


I got my favorite chair back next to the fireplace and my husband and I spent the evening curled in front of a nice fire with our computers and a glass of wine, warm and cozy. It was a perfect ending to very good day. 






8 comments:

  1. It's pretty awesome that you're still enjoying the snow. It is beautiful. From a distance....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, how nice! And yes, those eyes melt anybody's heart. He did leave the door open, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome pictures you take! And that dog, I could just squeeze him. Sweet Jo, one of Ms. Moon's readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you took your tree down already? :-)
    That dog is mighty cute. I hope the snow is pretty and white and then melts quickly and there's not that long draggy part where you wish it were just gone but it lingers....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good day with a good ending! We should all be so lucky every day. Tucker is so cute, how do you not eat his face?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the snow, the quiet, the fireplace and my feet up. Your dog and mine are twins separated at birth. Felix LOVES snow, he eats it, runs in crazy circles and slides around while barking at it.

    Our camillias are blooming and the daffs are opening. Your spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful snow! And I love your snowflake ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you took your tree down! Ah well. Real snow and a white dog having romping around in it is just as fun.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....