Saturday, August 24, 2013

Happy Salsa Surprise



Sometimes procrastination can be a good thing. I was going to immerse that metal basket inside the big basket in boiling water to peel the latest batch of tomatoes, but I got sidetracked and didn't start the tomato processing factory up until this afternoon.
 

And lookie what showed up in my kitchen.


I took him outside and he flew away after a few quick poses.


I decided I'd better check the tomatoes better and I found the chrysalis.


All in all, a very exciting day around here, and all those vegetables? Chopped, diced, cooked and or refrigerated or frozen and I have sauce and salsa to last a long while. Hooray me! Now if I could just get all the mess cleaned up. Maybe later.

xo

5 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful! Did you grow all those tomatoes? I'm still babying little tomato blossoms and dreaming of salsa, someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet surprise! And it looked almost magical, so ethereal and delicate. Those tomatoes look yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me some! :) I am craving homemade stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have had a heart attack! I'm not a moth person. In fact, your header scares me half to death. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....