We swooped into LA, drove south to Huntington Beach, and Em played in a very competitive Women's tournament on a perfect day. We met some old and new friends, good people. It was a great trip, but a blur.
She and her partner, who just met, finished third, only losing to one team.
Everyone keeps asking why she doesn't come out for the summer to train. It's the place to be.
I'll be struggling with that one. I love it there too. Plus there's some people I've known forever online that I'd love to meet for reals and some sights I'd like to see. I've driven past Arboretums, Museums, Parks and Nature Preserves wishing I had more time. At least we got plenty of time on the beach.
This is what it looks like here for another month or so, and we have snow and lows in the 20's this week.
Our drive to this lovely but lonely beach for practice is over 2 hours each way and it sucks.
But it's what we do now.
We are both beat today, maybe a little jet lagged. We're leaving again in three days for a week, half family visit, half college visit. Then a couple of weeks off for finals before heading out again and really picking up the travel and tournament pace. I think the next six months will be a blast but a blur.
If I'm inconsistent posting, reading and commenting it's because I need another me to help out with everything right now: parenting, work, travel, life.
Busy is my word for 2014. And maybe tired.
But it's a good tired.
xo
Yes, it will all be a blur so take plenty of pictures and try to write about all of it some. And then...the days will change so much. This is the way of it. What a beautiful, strong daughter you have!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely that you can share this time. Enjoy it. Hold it with both arms. Fold it to your heart. Your daughter is radiant.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so fun! And yes, hold tight these precious days of getting to be with your daughter and being a part of this experience with her.
ReplyDeleteWe will still be here reading when you have time to post and appreciating the sharing.
Well, I'm pulling for ya'll to come back out. Then I'm driving down to wherever you are and watching some volleyball! I would love to meet you and show you Los Angeles -- next time!
ReplyDeleteI love the beautiful beaches in southern California, too, but I understand about how you need two of yourself to keep up with everything! Thanks for the great pictures, and I'll look forward to reading your blog whenever you pop up in my Reader. :-)
ReplyDeleteWe didn't get to the beach on our trip to San Diego. Your pics have brightened up my day!
ReplyDelete