Saddest of all is this lone frozen trillium. I can't remember the trilliums ever freezing before.
The weatherman is having a field day with his stats:
Chicago's heaviest late season snow in 34 years (yesterday & last night's 1.4") and this area's only snow this heavy to occur within 3 days of an 80-deg temp over the city's 129-year observational record of snowfall has been followed Tuesday by February-level temps! This chill is close to "near-record" intensity. Tuesday's 36 missed the 1928 record low max of 34 by just 2 deg and equals the "normal high" Feb on 16. The overnight low of 27 missed the 71 year old record of 26 for the date by just 1-degree!
Whatever, weatherman. Give me some good news.
Well, at least it's kind of encouraging to know that it has happened at least once before and then things straightened themselves and all went back to normal.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the trillium and (that looks like a lily of the valley) will bloom again once the cold is gone. It could happen.
And you're right it's best to laugh - not cry. It's a crazy world isn't it?
I'm so sorry. That is utterly awful. As a winter hater, I feel for you. Hang in -- spring must come.
ReplyDeleteOh my god, woman, I would be cat screeching crazy.
ReplyDeleteIt snowed here last night too, nothing's been sprouted though so the only thing it's affected is my mood.
ReplyDeleteThe only good part are the incredible pictures you took of those poor frozen flowers. Trillium bloom once a year, so I think this one is done for 2014. So sad!
ReplyDeleteI barely lived through one regular Chicago winter. They'd have already put me away if I had had to be there this winter.
ReplyDelete