Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm not going to lie....

I read a lot of blogs, way too many, because there a lot of good ones, and I have the time. I imagine responses to them as if we're actually having a conversation. I actually comment more than I would have thought, since I'm more comfy lurking than interacting - too exposed jumping into the fray, being borderline agorophobic in my menopausal haze. Member the Chris Farley SNL character who always blurted out stuff, then cringed because everything he said was stupid? But he can't stop himself? That's me lately. The words clunk out or fail sometimes. But.

When I bridge the gap, speak up, mangle a response, try to say something nice, connect, compliment or just me too, well, maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I can't remember. Some sites have delayed comment approval, some take a while to show up, some disappear into the ether, some I can't remember if I wrote it in my imagination and just thought I sent it. I can get pretty tangled backtracking my comments, and webhopping, and if I ever look like I'm stalking your page, honestly, I'm not. I'm just wondering did I babble something out there? Did anyone babble back? Are there more nifty comments? More cool people to read? I get lost a lot. My daily internet history is ridiculous. Can I really be this disorganized, even in my most rudimentary of social interactions? Perhaps. Maybe. And so it goes.

If I commented and it was a lame babble, sorry. If I said nothing and meant everything, sorrier still. I'm reading you, whenever I can, you're all mostly fascinating, and I find new, interesting tangents and get more tangled everyday.

So I'm just saying, it was nice sortof maybe almost or actually chatting with you! So glad you're out there.

9 comments:

  1. Ditto!
    I love to get a comment from you.
    Always makes me happy!
    Great post. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I feel the same way about most of my posts! So you shouldn't worry about your comments, honey. Seriously. We are all just babbling. And I know everyone loves getting a comment. Every single one.

    I have noticed the comments behaving strangely lately. They used to show up in my email, a notification. Then they stopped. Now some of them do and some don't.

    My gardening blog is even more erratic. On wordpress. Some people can file comments straight to my blog (Ms. Moon for instance) and others have to be enabled. IF I manage to find the comments. Which on wordpress is somehow not easy for me. I didn't do anything to enable Ms. Moon to file her comments direct. It just happened! Which is hilarious. She's our version of the White House gate crashers, just much nicer (and more beautiful too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, for one, always love your comments.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankly, I always cherish your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I shouldn't have called Ms. Moon a gate crasher, that was a dumb joke. Obviously my wordpress blog read my mind that Ms. Moon's comments did not need prior approval. See I do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually this happens when we write from the heart. What does the mind know about that language? You write and I write and others write quickly, trying not to let the feeling get away and some times re-reading some of my own writing I wonder how did "that" word get there? Who cares? you have given the gift of time by saying something to another human being. A gift. Think of it. Some words wrapped in a feeling that could not care less about syntax or spelling. Feelings. I take them. Anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I feel just like that! And yet here I am, commenting again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, I often feel exactly this way. Sometimes the best I can muster is one line of appreciation. I'm out of time, I have kids talking at me, phone ringing etc., but I've been there and I want to say something...it doesn't feel good enough though, but better than nothing, I hope. Then the times when I do take my time to respond with some depth and thoughtfulness, I wonder how much is too much? Is what I'm trying to say coming across? Am I awkward beyond belief...just like in real life? And I fret, way overthink, take ages to write a simple paragraph and end up stalking my own comments as I hope for some sort of reply that indicates I haven't misstepped. Charmingly neurotic or just plain creepy? I dunno. :)

    But you, your comments are always among the most insightful and articulate. Love your comments, always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love every one of you guys, seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....