This morning, inexplicably, my cat Noel, who I found living under my porch 5 years ago, at Christmas, decided to pee a huge puddle on my bed. Soaked through this duvet cover on the picture and into my new, expensive down comforter, the most luxurious item I own, by far.
I'm just not sure what the universe or the cat is trying to tell me. I need something nice or normal or non-sucking to happen to me and soon. But first I gotta try and get the pee smell out of my life.
Just pulled up the weather, in between laundry loads. Are you kidding me? I need to hide in bed. Winter weather advisory. Winter storm warning. Sucky, stuck inside kinda day, because I don't drive in this mess unless its crucial. And it isn't.
Hope you live somewhere else.
Today
Periods snow until late afternoon...then snow... chance of rain and sleet late in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Blustery. Highs in the mid 30s. Light and variable winds becoming east 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.
Tonight
Windy. Widespread light snow and a chance of sleet in the evening...then widespread snow after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Temperatures nearly steady in the lower 30s. East winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 35 mph at times in the evening becoming southeast and decreasing to 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph at times after midnight. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.
Wednesday
Windy. Widespread light snow until late afternoon... then a chance of light snow showers late in the afternoon. Areas of blowing snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Total snow accumulation 5 to 9 inches. Turning sharply colder. Highs in the lower 30s. Then temperatures falling into the mid 20s by evening. West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph at times. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.
Chance of more bullshit in my life 100 percent. Chance of attitude improvement 50 percent. Partly surreal with patches of irony.

Oh dear. When I am feeling sorry for myself due to northern Virginia weather, all I have to do is come here and be grateful I am not with you. You know, geographically speaking.
ReplyDeleteThe Iowan used to talk about us moving to the Midwest. Maybe once, he talked about it. The "cold day in hell, you can use your frequent miles to visit me in Alabama" I think ended that talk.
But seriously, can you imagine living where you never had to put on a coat? Never ever? I can, it keeps me going. This changing seasons business should be for people who appreciate it. I would happily give my mounds of coats, wool capes from Ireland, gloves, boots, hats, long johns, twisty neck-head wraps, all bloody all of it to others. For year-round shorts, sandals, sundresses and a dainty light shawl at night.
Really? The cat peeing on the bed, through the down comforter? Gosh almighty. You got me beat. I will try to remember this when I'm complaining about stepping in dog pee upon waking, or spilling the rabbit pellets all over the floor. So so sorry. Please give yourself SOME kind of treat today. I will be hoping for the good 50% to win. Sorry about the storm too. Mamma mia!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that. Gracious, that cat it going to turn into a rug if things don't change. Since you'll be housebound, you'll have the time...
ReplyDeleteGood thing the cat is so fucking cute or else. . .
ReplyDeleteAt least you are fortunate that you can stay in when the weather is shitty. I have SAD and the winter really depresses my ass, and still I have to get up and go into work each day. I hate it. I want to be retired goddammit!
Glimmer, I want to wear a dainty shawl. I don't want to learn to operate a snow blower.
ReplyDeleteBethany, it's hard not to take it personally. She knows better.
Nancy, you can be assured her cute poses are not working on me today.
SB, I am luck and a little sorry I'm retired, but I'm bored as hell and money would be nice also. Some days I'm glad I'm retired, because I'm practically unemployable. Unless someone needs someone to sit on her ass and type whatever pops into her head all day. With breaks for snacks. I get that SAD stuff too, every winter. UGH. My sympathies.
That's awful. I hope you don't need to get a new mattress. Our cat peed on our sofa about ten years ago, and there is still a faint whiff of it between the cushions. I hate it, but it was a new sofa and I couldn't afford another one.
ReplyDeleteMwa, because I was right there and almost awake when the peeing occurred, I caught it before it got to the mattress pad. Lucky me. I've spent all day, and I mean 9 hours washing and drying things, the comforter barely fit in the machines, but I got it done. Faint, faint smell of kitty pee, but I don't think I'll have to throw it out, I'm too cheap for that!
ReplyDeleteNow off to make the bed and crawl in it. It's snowing its butt off now, really wet, heavy messy stuff, ugh!
"Partly surreal with chance of irony." Great stuff, that.
ReplyDeleteAnd if kitty keeps peeing inappropriately, take her to the vet. That can be indicative of kidney problems- quite common with cats. I lost a cat I loved because of bad kidneys and he was peeing everywhere and we kept getting so mad at him and I will always feel a little guilty about that.
Thanks, Ms. Moon. I wondered if there might be a physical reason, besides her being pissed about the snow. She likes to go outside in the morning, but not when there's too much snow on the ground. She must know she's hawk or coyote bait against the white. I'll be at the vet the next inappropriate pee.
ReplyDeleteDang, what a way to wake up! Blech.
ReplyDeleteI was going to echo what Ms. Moon said. That it could be kidney trouble for the poor ickle thing, or some other sort of injury. We once had a kitty with a hurt spine show us with a pee calling card.
Same forecast here...
ReplyDeleteBut it's raining pet vomit, not pee
Oh the things we do for love...
ReplyDeleteor the things we clean up in the name of love!
Down comforter update - I got the stain and the pee smell out, thanks to a quick wash in the sink, some peroxide spray ane the washing machine. It's a front loader and I crammed that thing in there. It took 2 extra spin cycles to drain, and almost 5 hours in the dryer, repositioning every 15-20 minutes because it was so smushed in there. But problem solved, and Noel gets to stay, she's using her litterbox faithfully now.
ReplyDelete