Things are moving right along at the butterfly factory.




Bunny interlude!
This little guy was just sitting in the bike path, easy hawk bait. I'd have scooped him up if I could, but he ran off.

The best I can tell, I have 13 more caterpillars to finish feeding.

And as if I wasn't having enough fun.... this guy was trying to cross the road, and I spotted him on my bike ride. Of course I brought him home and gave him a safe spot to hang out.

Bivouacked. Hunkered down. Waiting to change.

Into this. Almost alien looking, and very well camouflaged.

Can you guess what it will become? I've raised them before, they love parsley and Queen Anne's Lace. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.....
How beautiful! But that tiny bunny is so cute, I hope he makes it and doesn't become hawk bait.
ReplyDeleteI love the bunny photo. So cute. I want to--well--love him and hug him and make him my very own bunny. Laugh.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mel!
Oh god, Fiver! He's gone tharn.
ReplyDeleteBut this caterpillar looks so much like the monarchs. But his li'l sleepin' bag doesn't. Tell me it's the mouthless moth. I can't take nature. You know I can't. d
you are SO the butterfly whisperer!!
ReplyDeletedeb, this one's a butterfly with a mouth and a life span and everything!!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea...but then, I love surprises!
ReplyDeleteWhew! d
ReplyDeleteI've been marveling at your butterfly hatchery posts! What an exquisite opportunity right in your own backyard...house. I've always been captivated by the metamorphosis of caterpillars into butterflies and moths. As for your camouflaged friend, perhaps a swallowtail?
ReplyDeleteLisaF, you are correct! Thanks for stopping by. I sure hope it hatches. Much angst in the more recent post.
ReplyDelete