My Canadian friends came to visit. We took the train into Chicago to meet more friends from Indianapolis for a day filled with fun and adventure. And teenagers.
And a chalk chicken.

We rode trains, walked busy streets, rode water taxis, busses, and walked some more, all the way out into the lake on Navy Pier. That's short little me in the middle, a very good friend on the left and my skinny daughter on the right.

Millenium Park. Very scenic. Very touristy. Perfect.

We splashed in the fountains. It spit rain, but never got us as wet as we got ourselves.

We saw stained glass museums, and mosaic tiled walls so intricate they hurt your eyes. Pictures don't even begin to get it right.

We spent some time with the world's largest Tiffany dome. Brilliant. My favorite thing in the city, maybe.

There were rides, beer gardens, elephant ear vs. funnel cake experiments, cotton candy, and mostly good friends and good times.

It was a very, very good day. Too short, maybe. Everyone had fun, nobody got lost.

Chicago. My kind of town. A short train ride from the cornfields, user friendly, something for everyone, visually stunning, easy in, easy out. Expensive, maybe, but worth it.
Thank you, Mel. I enjoyed your mini vacation. Such lovely photographs, and such lovely times making memories with friends. The chalk chicken makes me think of Ms. Moon.
ReplyDeletechalk chicken!
ReplyDeletelove your photos, sounds like a wonderful trip.
love your header.
so glad you're having some fun!
I'm brimming with envy! Really.
ReplyDeleteI went to a convention in Chicago in 2005 -- my first time in a big city in many, many years. I loved it -- a very friendly place to be! But I wish I'd seen that dome.
ReplyDeleteFabulous!!! And you're right, just perfect. You musta been pooped after all that though. Gorgeous shots. Thanks for the vaca, Meli. deb
ReplyDeleteChicago is SO on my list.
ReplyDeleteYou know, sometimes I do see the benefits of a city. At least to visit. I should do that. Sigh...
ReplyDeletewhat fun! adore the tiffany and the stained glass, wow!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the photos. Sounds like you all had a great time.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mel.
SB
Forget the rest...the Tiffany dome would be worth the trip all by itself!
ReplyDelete