I drove to Indianapolis this weekend to visit my dearest and funniest friends, my just out of college gang of former lab geeks, and we're scattered across the midwest, with one in Canada. When she comes to visit, it's always a memorable, hilarious event.
On the ride down, I passed the Big Banana Car. I laughed out loud. I'm not sure if it was following the produce truck on purpose or by accident.
Lovely blue September skies and golden cornfields, and loud music made the ride fly by.
We went for a sunset sail on the reservoir, which was very nostalgic for me.
My husband and I sailed the same type of sailboat here for years until we moved.
It was a beautiful evening. Perfect.
Adult beverages were involved. I was tickled with the name of my wine, Tangent,
because that is a commentary on how my brain works.
I'm pretty sure that wine made me even more awesome.
The theme this weekend was microbrews, and I'm trying to learn to like beer.
It's good to have goals.
My cheeks are still sore from laughing and smiling. And my liver survived unscathed.
It was a perfect Friday night, a perfect weekend, and a perfect visit with my friends.
I promised myself that I'll take more of these visits, now that the kids are mostly grown and I can comfortably leave for a sleepover or two now and then. It did me a world of good, not that I needed to get away, but because I needed to remember who I am when I'm not busy being a type A mom and wife. And I needed to be around friends who've known me forever and love me anyway.
We're already making plans for the next visit. We're meeting in Canada this time.
I can hardly wait.
xo
I want a banana car! I do!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a great time. :-)
It sounds like a renewing time that everyone needs now and then. An adult beverage or two is always appreciated in the presence of good friends. Love the pictures, too! :-)
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful. Glad you plan to keep doing this healing escapes. Or escapades.
ReplyDelete