I'm fine, we're fine, the seasons are changing, the world keeps turning.
I'm doing my best to stay ahead of the chaos, and I'm failing, but oddly, I don't mind.
We are in another whirlwind of high school volleyball, college golf, the kids come and go and it's a mystery and a marvel and a comfort to me.
I'm trying to lose some weight and get fit with the Shit Just Got Real gang, and who knows? This shit is hard. Trying to lose weight and exercising makes me mostly tired and hungry, which surely defeats the purpose. But I'm trying, and that counts for something.
I'm trying to eat fresh and clean and healthy. I'm trying to do all the right stuff. I'm trying to get enough sleep, to exercise, to stay organized and engaged and interested. I'm trying to pretend it's not a little bit like work, but it is work, most days.
I'm trying to go for walks, or at least play in the yard with the dog every day, because he needs his exercise too. We all do.
He gets a haircut this week. I look shaggier than he does, maybe I'll get mine cut too.
I started riding my bike again, got 30 miles in this week and my butt is so sore I am thinking of padded bike shorts. Today on my ride, the leaves were falling on the trail and it was like being inside a snow globe. Magical. These days are fleeting, and I need to catch as many of them as I can while the weather holds. Change is in the air, I can feel it, and I can smell it. Maybe I'll get lucky and change a little too.
xo
Well, it IS work and I commend you for it. A friend of mine downloaded an app to track his bike miles and he loves it. You probably already do that.
ReplyDeleteI also commend you for these pictures. They are lovely.
yes, staying fit is work. used to be we stayed fit by working. anyway, I'm trying too but can't seem to get a routine that includes the gym going. and the pictures are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe leaves are falling!!! I just read the SJGR post and I'm in. Wise advice from a wise woman.
ReplyDeleteLosing weight is very hard. I was in Weight Watchers last year and after 3 months of following the diet exactly I had only lost 10 pounds. And when they say you can have a hamburger with fries on WW they don't mention that you can't eat for the rest of the day. Anyway, it didn't work for me. However, since seeing a naturopath I have lost 8 pounds without even trying.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your efforts to lose weight. I know it's hard. I lost fifteen pounds a couple of years ago and have managed to keep it off, but it's a constant struggle. I can feel the change in the weather, too. I kind of like it. :-)
ReplyDeleteWonderful morning glories, but my favourite image is the first one of the cherries!! We should all do our best to eat right and get exercise every day, but that is just so hard when life gets in the way!!! Especially when you eat for comfort, like I do... I figure, if I try every day, then most days, I will make it!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of change being in the air and perhaps I can catch a little of it. I am really enjoying the support at Team S.J.G.R., but it is definitely work. I know I am never going to go to a gym, so we have ordered an elyptical that will eliminate many of the tired old excuses for not moving. I am trying to be careful that I don't hurt myself in my zeal. Your photos are so lovely. It's hard in the city to see the changes coming, but I'll look harder and thank you for the reminder.
ReplyDelete