Friday, October 4, 2013

Scenes and thoughts from this week

It's been a carry around the camera kind of week.
Color, texture, pattern, old friends, new surprises.
Since I can't or won't take the time to learn my camera's settings,
ISO, shutter speed, what-not,
I instead run outside in differing light conditions,
morning, evening, bright sun, foggy, overcast
and let nature do my settings for me.
I never know what I'm going to get.

Dripping with morning dew.

Cascade of grape vines

My sole surviving planted aster.
Birch on sedum

Virginia Creeper, creeping.

Profusion of Jack O'Lantern mushrooms on a massive oak stump - not for eating!

Up Close.

Glory in the morning sun. Purple gives way to blue as the day unfolds.

Dewy blue

Literally, the last rose.
My first apple crop, one week ago.
Literally, the last apple. I was robbed in the night, likely deer or squirrel. They left me this rotten one, thanks.

A garden surprise, what I consider an adorable salamander far, far from a proper home.

A quite large salamander, one of the biggest I've seen. Thanks for eating the slugs!
Sunsets have been technicolor lately. I'm trying not to miss any of them.


This week was so full, it's no wonder I'm tired.
I watched my son compete in a golf tournament, went to four volleyball matches,
went for a few walks, one bike ride, dinner with my girlfriends, dealt with some contracts for work, some home and car repairs, some dental work and spruced up my garden, trying to pretend that
there aren't more tomatoes to pick, trying to tune out the news and my raging cynicism,
and tonight, on our 27th Anniversary, my tall guy and I are going out for a nice dinner
and a stroll along the river if the weather holds.
I'm going with the flow, mostly.

Happy Friday. Hope your world is full of wonder too.
xo




7 comments:

  1. Happy Friday to you, too! I am also leaning towards fluff on TV instead of the news. Love your pictures, and especially that sunset! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful. Rest sweetie. Rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you both, dear Mel. It sounds as if you've had a week full of life and love, the best kind. Your nature photographs are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ───────────────────────────☻♥☻
    ───────────────────────────/█\./█\
    ───────────────────────────.||──||.
    ─────────────────────────── ♥ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♥
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many great pictures...the mushrooms, the morning glory, the heart leaf. and the apples, one of the many reasons I'm glad I don't have deer around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've captured beautifully just what I love about fall: the incredible colors. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your photos make your world seem so wonderful!!! And if salamanders eat slugs, can I have a dozen, please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....