Sunday, January 5, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside

Really. Really cold outside.  And it's going to get a whole lot colder.

All our local schools are closed due to the predicted wind chills of -50F tomorrow.

No wonder the dog doesn't want to go outside.....






We've had inches and inches of snow, day after day, and seeming non stop winter storm warnings.
It is relentless. Lovely to look at, but draining and relentless to be outside in.

And for the next few days, dangerous. I'm staying put, except to coax the dog out to pee.

At least we can still laugh at the weather here:



I thought of this picture at 15 degrees:

You know you live in the Midwest when you shovel your way through two feet of snow in December to get to the barbecue.
We won't be grilling outside this week.


Also, this song is stuck in my head since yesterday.

Old school:



New school:




Stay warm out there my friends. It has to warm up soon.


5 comments:

  1. We're about to get it here too. Not like YOU have it but windchill factors down in the single digits. We're all going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent one year in Chicago. Not even a whole year. It was only minus three that winter. I have never been so cold in my life. It's only 27˚ here now and I have no intention of venturing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is a lot of snow. I might miss the great chill of 2014 by waiting it out in Jamaica. We'll see.

    Stay cozy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That conversion chart really made me laugh. And then that last picture topped it off. Wonderful post, but I do hope you all stay warm and safe during this awful cold. We're at 39 deg F and I see people around here in t-shirts and Birkenstocks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coldest temperature I have ever felt is -12 C. That is about F. Though that said, I have seen enough rain in my lifetime.

    I feel bad for your dog! He is giving you the look of, make it go away.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....