This is my youngest child, Tucker. Golden Doodle, mostly poodle. His hair is amazing. Curly, soft, some dreads on the tail and flank, and unfortunately, mats upon contact with water. He is either matted or shaved. There is no grooming him, just trying not to get him wet. But every time I get him "groomed" or as we call it "shaved" I am astounded at the dog hiding underneath the fur. Almost unrecognizable. Traumatic for both of us.
Poor buddy, at least we know it will grow out. Until then, we try not to laugh at him. He's sensitive now that he looks like a Q tip.
Poor thing. It reminds me of when Jack wanted the peach fuzz buzz cut that all his friends had and we shaved off his headful of curls. He looked pathetic too.
ReplyDeleteOh poor baby does look like a Q tip. But such a sweetie! I hear golden doodles don't shed so that's a real plus. Give Tucker a big hug for me.
ReplyDeleteHappy spring!
He still is so cute! I bet he is a bit chilly till he gets use to his skin being close to the cool air. Great for summer though. That last photo lets us know how he feels...
ReplyDeleteaww poor tucker. but he's still a cutie, shaved or matted. but it is true that animals seem embaressed when shaved.
ReplyDeleteHe's really cute, Mel. Our collie used to hang her head in shame when we shaved her for the summer months.
ReplyDeleteLove you lots.
Puppydom just came from the same last week. Both McKenzie and Alliah are little fluffy lambs and then they comeback and hide under the furniture for a couple of days, perhaps hoping to find their missing curls there.
ReplyDeleteTucker probably thinks, like ours do, that their humans are totally crazy for doing this to them. But they would do the same to us if we were to jump into their beds after going out to the bathroom in the rain. Just saying...
Still coughing and I too have problems with my stomach muscles because of it. Of course you know, my CHF is not helping either. This too shall pass and then we will have a party.
Hugs from here and thank you for being such a comfort in this truly rotten time.
Awww! I love before AND after! Such a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteOh Tuck-o-man. C'mere and get a hug. Him all curled up and tiny. Yes, it'll grow. Reminds me. I've GOT to cut my hair. deb
ReplyDeleteI don't think he looks pathetic at all! I think he looks handsome! And I love the way a shaved dog feels, all warm and snuggly.
ReplyDeleteI want to pull him up on my couch and watch NBC with him all night.
Mel dear, where are you? Are you alright? Tell me to mind my own business but I miss your posts. I know life can get hectic and I should be working on the shrine but I miss you and I just wanted to make sure you are alright. Hugs from here, the weather is truly depressing in Portland, gray-yellow and cold, wet and sort of despicable. I miss both, you and the sunshine today. Hopefully one of you will come up *smile*
ReplyDelete