Happy first day of Spring. Of course, the day before Spring was sunny and 60 degrees. A gift, I know. The first actual calendar day of Spring brings over 2 inches of snow and it's still coming, wet and windy.
And so it goes.



Hang in there, little buddies, may the snow keep you warm until this too passes.
The snow looks so light and fluffy! They create such an contrast to all the white while those colors pop out from the earth below. Such brave little plants....
ReplyDeleteOh my. Well, still beautiful in a different sort of (colder) way.
ReplyDeleteThe snowdrops appear to be aptly named. My ex used to call crocus "kamikaze" flowers because they so often bloomed before snowfall. But I've never seen Japanese iris standing in a blanket of snow. I'm sure they're not too happy.
ReplyDeleteThis is probably, in addition to ironic, a giant pain in the ass, but it's beautiful. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteSorry Mel.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos though.
Made me feel hopeful.
Awww...that just looks so sad. Hope they pull through.
ReplyDeleteOh they'll be all right, won't they? Just hunker down in the snow, out of the wind and bide their time? I guess I should let my ice storm desktop go now. It's just so hard not to see it every time I boot up. Maybe one of these.... deb
ReplyDeleteBrutal. Sorry, Mel.
ReplyDeleteKinda a good metaphor for life...still beautiful, just different from what one expects.
Lovely photos, Mel. Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteTheir color is so beautiful against the white snow though!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping you get some proper "thawing weather" soon! Great pictures, though!
ReplyDeleteawww poor fairie's umbrellas :(
ReplyDeletei love these, such tender beauty.
ReplyDeletespeaking of tender beauty..please visit my blog this morning, shhhhhh, you will understand when you arrive.
warmly,
r
thank you so much for being a perfect part of a sweet morning for our allegra!
ReplyDeletewarmly,
rebecca