Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Instant Karma got me

Go ahead, press play, and read along.
Today, I'm digging up bricks edgers that my lily of the valley have invaded, a veritable traffic jam of runners fighting for space, and as I wedge the bricks apart with most my strength, I wonder at how hard they're fighting just to be here and bloom too. I'm listening to my mp3's and John Lennon is singing to me and I have a completely perfect string of moments, just me, a spade, plants I'm digging to share with a friend and all the sunshine I could want, feeling sweaty, tired and complete, John Lennon giving me sage advice. Come and get your share!

Instant Karma's gonna get you,
Gonna knock you right on the head,
You better get yourself together,
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead,
What in the world you thinking of,
Laughing in the face of love,
What on earth you tryin' to do,
It's up to you, yeah you.

Instant Karma's gonna get you,
Gonna look you right in the face,
Better get yourself together darlin',
Join the human race,
How in the world you gonna see,
Laughin' at fools like me,
Who on earth d'you think you are,
A super star,
Well, right you are.

Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun,
Well we all shine on,
Ev'ryone come on.

Instant Karma's gonna get you,
Gonna knock you off your feet,
Better recognize your brothers,
Ev'ryone you meet,
Why in the world are we here,
Surely not to live in pain and fear,
Why on earth are you there,
When you're ev'rywhere,
Come and get your share.

Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun,
Yeah we all shine on,
Come on and on and on on on,
Yeah yeah, alright, uh huh, ah-.

Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun,
Yeah we all shine on,
On and on and on on and on.

Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun.
Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun.
Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun.
Yeah we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Better get yourself together darling
and we all shine on
on and on and on and on...why in the world are we here? ....come and get your share

well we all shine on, Like the moon and the stars and the sun...



Indeed.

10 comments:

  1. that's AWESOME!!! i love perfect moment, especially in the garden. I just found out that the reno monsters are SUPPOSED to be letting us have access to the garden plots after hours...we'll see--i hate to get my hopes up again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we twins, separated at birth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so needed to hear that song. Happy digging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love John Lennon, but then, who doesn't?

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can smell the Lily of the Valley from here.

    Shine on Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEjUQ15lyzk

    Here's a link that works today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sun is trying hard here, so I am off to garden and find places for all the newcomers we have brought to live here in the past week.

    Be gentle with my favorite flowers, lilies of the valley are my oldest friends and always a reminder of my beloved Mother who used to leave for us a couple of blooming pips every May 1st, to be our muguet du bonheur. Make sure you have some inside as well to start the month of May. Instant Karma has been my guide for as long as I can remember but I rather wish you instant bonheur, from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - this was one of the songs on my iPod this morning while I was running and crying. Instant Karma for sure.

    And how do you get your lily of the valley to do that? I can't get them to sprout, let alone invade. Green thumb envy!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what you think....