Tuesday, school closed early, and stayed closed for two more days, which is unusual for us. The winds and blowing snow made the roads impassable. Fortunately, we were safe and sound at home. Power was never lost, and we stayed warm as the fierce winds rattled and howled. The only inconvenience besides a dog that needed company to go pee was a loss of internet and phone service. I made soup, we played games, watched documentaries and read and all was cozy. Others were not so lucky, stuck on roads that were unpassable, waiting rescue. Today the roads are clear, the winds less intense, it's just damn cold. Frigid. But the sun is shining and the snow piles are impressive.
The back door, drifted almost 4 feet around the barbeque grill.
But not too cold for the young at heart and a very furry dog. It took 5 towels and a blowdryer to thaw him out. He was crusted in about 10 pounds of snowballs. Good times!
Some scenes from the roads near my house today. I ventured out for my annual mammogram. I figured why not?
And this is what it looked like from space. Awesome. Thanks, NASA.

Stay warm and cozy, wherever you are. Spring can't be too far off.
It's beautiful but I am so glad I get to see it in pictures and now outside my door.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Now that is a storm! Did you get your mammogram as scheduled?
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Loved the image from space. I saw a photo of a postal carrier trudging along. Here in GA we didn't get mail for 5 days with 6 inches (no one can drive on hills and ice and no blowers or trucks with scrapers).
ReplyDeletePlease tell me you bought a treat for yourself while out for a mammogram!
Yes, I made it to the Center for Breast Health as it's called here, I liked it better as the Mammography Center, but whatever. You know, I was going to go out for a latte, but decided not to get out of the car in the -4 with who knows what wind chill! Tomorrow I have brunch with some girlfriends, so I'll make up for it!
ReplyDeleteThe staying at home together snug & safe while the storm raged sounds pretty cosy. That was us last Friday when we had a white out here. Doesn't even make the news around here, the blizzards and 30 below. We're supposed to be all tough-hide and prepared. The city never shuts down, and the school NEVER has snow days, due to the bazillion dollar snow removal budgets (property taxes are ouch!). But last Friday we ignored how tough we are supposed to be, and I canceled all our appointments and we stayed in. No way I was driving in that! How many more weeks of this?
ReplyDeleteThe photos are gorgeous. I love the blue sky against the white.
just started following your blog.
ReplyDeleteOh MY GOODNESS@!!!!
your blog rocks!
what a find! what a find!
:)
Your blizzard pics looks amazingly like mine! It was certainly one for the history books. And I ended my post with the same photo from NOAA! Great minds.....
ReplyDeleteLove the image from space! I really should find that site and bookmark it... One of these days...
ReplyDeleteYou sure had a lot more snow than we did!
yays for safe and cozy during blizzards, and pretty landscapes after!
ReplyDelete